Pregnancy: Sep 2013 Babies Community
smoking

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in September 2013.

smoking

My friend is now pregnant with her third child in this is my first she told me they is okay to smoke while you pregnant my mother said its not okay because you messing up the babies growth. But my friend still smokes 4 a day is she harming her baby???
You need to worry about your own baby if shes not concerned about smoking while pregnant. Some people just don't get it, smoking AND second hand smoke is NOT OK for a baby. Your mom is right
Look up some articles if you want to know the effects of smoking. You don't want to put anything into your body tat isn't good for either of you while you are pregnant. I don't know of any doctors who would encouraged you to continue smoking unless you are stressing out more from not smoking.