soo confused!! pls help :'(
so i went to my first U/s last friday, i was supposed to be 9 weeks. Well she said there was a gest. sac but no yolk or embryo. I went to 3 diff places n all showed the same thing. on saturday morning my Hcg levels were ar
20,000
sunday -16,0000
monday- 23,500
thursday-19,500
What the heck! finally on thursday tru both abdominal n vaginal u/s we did see a yolk . it was very visable n was def not there before!. only there was no heart beat. my doc diagnosed it as a blighted ovum due to my hcg levels dropping. she gave me the info to get a d&c but im still not sure if i should do it. how could there Not be anything one week n a definate something the next week?! if it stopped developing then why did we see something new? whats up w. my hcg levelsgoing up n down? smh its been such a horrible week
Wow, that must be scary. All I can say is maybe try another doc? I hope it works out?
I am so sorry to hear about your week, I can't imagine how hard it's been. I can't make any guarantees, but I have known of people in similar situations that waited another week to repeat the ultrasound and they found a baby the next time they looked. I know that doesn't happen every time, but if it were me, I would wait a week and re-do the ultrasound. Just in case the dates are a little off, that will give enough time to see if there's a difference in your sonogram and blood work. It will give a chance to see if there's still growth occurring as you did see changes before. Please keep us posted!
thank you ladies, it has been tough, deep down i have a feeling the baby will be fine. i dont want to get my hopes up :/, Ive always been more of a "facts" person but im SURE there was something there this friday that wasnt there before. I just dont know why they were both seen better w. an abdominal u/s.. Also the fact that my hcg levels droped n raised concern me. The male doctor who did the u/s told me not to worry if we didnt see a heart beat, that he'd rather run my levels to see where im at. He doesnt know ive gone soneehere else to get them already.. ugh its just been such a long week smh