Birth story
So I was due on the 26th September and had my little boy Alfie James pheby on the 5th October weighing 9lbs 4oz. I went to the midwife 1 week before and was 1cm dilated and she said head was really low but he was back to back and I was to expect a horrible long labour! I had contraction's that night and thought it was time... It wasn't lol. I had them again on Wednesday night but everything stopped again. Friday Saturday and Sunday I had them (nearly all day  and all night). Monday morning at 2.30am they started to get really bad but I was determined to labour as long as I could at home and I also thought it would probably stop again anyway. Well at 6 am I couldn't take it any more so I went to the hospital. They told me I was 5cm dilated! I was so happy! They then checked me again at 11.40am and I was 7cm I was begging for the epidural but they were making excuses as to why I couldn't have it. My waters broke and after this the painwas unbearable! At about 3pm they told me I was 8 cm and I needed to stop pushing (but I couldnt) they told me I had at least another hour I knew they was wrong and at 3.14 pm I gave birth. My baby's heart be was slowing down so much they told me they'd have to cut me if I didn't get his head out, I managed to get it out and then finally his shoulder etc. I looked up to see him but 5 doctors ran in and took him away, I heard them shouting code blue. I didn't realise at the time what was going on (later I Googled it and it means no heart beat and no breathing) when I realised a minute or so after that something was wrong, a doctor opened the door and asked if I could hear him crying.. I was soo relieved!!! My little brave boy got through all of that, then to find out he has a heart murmur, but he is all healthy and everything is going well. I don't think I'll be rushing to get pregnant again anytime soon though it was such a horrible experience!! Sorry for long message lol
Aw im so sorry for your experience! My youngest baby was 9lb 6.5 oz. It sounds so scary but at least its all over! Time to concentrate on your recovery and you big baby boy! Best thing is, no 2 labours are ever the same :) congratulations!
Thank you! And yeah its good to hearthat lol x
What an intense birth story. Im happy it all turned out well.  My son was born Oct 4th and we experienced a case of shoulder distocia and it was also intense and unmedicated, so I understand.  He was 9lbs and has broad shoulders. I totally understand not wanting to get pregnant again soon, I feel the same way! Now its just time to cherish these boys growing up, it goes by so fast! Congrats!
Congratulations :-)! Hope all is well! And yes I can't believe it's over a week already! ! Good luck x