Please help! Double electronic breast pump
hi ladies, I am a FTM to a week year old baby and am having difficulties feeding her of my own breast as she doesn't take enough on her own and as a result is very unsettled, restless and is up every hour wanting more but i still want to give her breast milk and not formula so I have started pumping with a single handheld so I know exactly how much she is getting . I have been advised to buy a double electric breast pump as it will be faster and easier to get the milk out instead of sitting for almost a hour just to get one feed. Does anyone know what is a good quality electric double breast pump and roughly how much it will cost? And also where to purchase. Thank you
I want to buy the Phillips Avent Comfort Double Electric Breast Pump ive read good reviews on it its under $200 on most online stores type it on google shopping tab :)
Check with you insurance first, mine covered a double electric breast pump but it just couldn't excess $500.
It sounds like your baby could be going through a growth spurt? And is cluster feeding.. I would recommend keeping baby at your breasts to up your supply! They are better at getting the milk out than a pump is. But everyone is different. Call your doctor and see if they'll cover one :)
My insurance covered mine 100% =)
Hey my daughter is 15 days old and I also decided to breastfed ! The days I tried at the hospital to make her latch was very difficult for me so I also resorted to the breast pump ! I had previously bought a double electric medela pump but in my opinion the single hand held medela pump works much better ! The more you try to pump the easier, quicker & more you will be able to supply ! Now I can get about 4oz in less than 20 minutes on one breast but then I also have a few times that I will skip a pump if I have enough already and then I won't produce as much for the next feeding ! So my advice is don't skip a pump lol and single hand held pumps are more convenient & easier