Monster in law
Does anyone else think it's weird that my mother in law wants to be in my delivery room ? Long story short she doesn't get along with my mother and I'm just not comfortable with it
I think it's weird if anyone asks to be in the room if you feel comfortable with them to be in there then you should be the one asking and side note your mother and her should learn how to be civil with each other seemings you and your hubby are going to be together it's just childish and you shouldn't have to be worrying about any type of animosity when this is such a beautiful time in life. My mom, mother in law, and I are all very close and I am having her first and only granddaughter so I asked her to be in the room as it will be special.
No its not weird! It's hard being the mother of boys (I have two) you realise that without being able to get along with the wife that you'll be locked out of their lives for loads of stuff you wouldn't with a daughter (hence why I tried for a daughter and got one this time, yay!)
Mums and daughters have so much together - once a son finds a wife - then you give up a lot of your son and that love can be fierce! I guess Id be trying really hard to get along with your mum if it were me just because I know Id miss out on things, but it's your day ultimately and it's such a private thing - why don't you just say it's the number of people you don't want there rather than her? Let her come in as soon as your baby is born and have a cuddle. Tell your mum to make a special effort to get along too - any tension is going to stress you out xx
Thank you for your advice ladies . Let her know I wasn't comfortable with it and she's been upset ever since . The part that is the hardest is that I live with my in laws