Zika Virus and Travel
So I have a trip planned to Florida in a couple weeks. My doctor said today they strongly discourage travel to Florida. The CDC and Florida health department have no warnings listed. Apparently it's been 45 days since the last report and the area I'm traveling to is not on the map. Anyone else talked to the drs about this? Just curious what others are hearing.
Health care professionals are supposed to advise you not to travel but it's your personal choice. Just take extra precautions with mosquito repellent and if you get bitten and get flu like symptoms you need to have blood tests to check. Also if your partner also gets bitten and has flu like symptoms then avoid unprotected sex
Think about the pregnant ladies who live there, they don't have to leave while pregnant. Obviously take precautions and find a bug spray that works for your body by if I had the option to go I totally would. There's risks wherever you go with zika or food or water, just listen to your body and your gut and do what feels right for YOU! Congrats mama and good luck with the rest of your pregnancy.