Pregnancy: Social Community
Tiny pinhole sized hole noticed in condom after filling with water ?

This community is where you can chat with other members about day-to-day Pregnancy issues and topics. This community is not monitored by medical professionals. If you have questions or are in need of Pregnancy support, please visit our Pregnancy 18-24, Pregnancy 25-34 or Pregnancy 35+ communities.

After having intercourse with my girlfriend, as always I run water in the condom just to check it, it's been a habit since I started doing it so I just continue to do it now. She's been on birth control for over a year, but we still use a condom as a second method of backup.

I've been reading a lot of things but have yet to come to a definitive answer as to why there was a tiny pinhole in the condom after filling with water. Water would squirt out of it when I squeezed the filled condom tightly.

Few details. I didn't take the condom off right away(no I was not still inside after finishing) as soon as I felt I was ejaculating I pulled out as it's just what's comfortable for us. Then proceeded to lay down for a few minutes before taking the condom off. I did "play around" with the condom after with the water in it, not sure if that contributed to it. The hole was a little down from the shaft, so sort of close to the base. I assume if it was during sex it would have broke?

Wasn't sabotaged and condom was not expired.
If it broke during sex the friction would have made it split larger. Could have been a bad batch as not every condom is tested. It could be fiddling with it afterwards and putting water inside as theyre not designed for that