cervix length? ?
I'm 37 weeks and just got back from the doctors and having my last ultrasound and was told my cervix is closed and measuring at 2.6 my question is what does that mean, what length does it need to be? Just seems like I should be at least dilated to 1-2 by now? Lol wishful thinking I guess
It just means you're 37 weeks.  The cervix has shortened -- if your cervix were only 2.6 and you were 18 weeks along, they would be worried that it would not last the pregnancy.  But at 37 weeks it seems about right.  Why do you think it would be dilated?  You're not full term until 40 weeks GA (38 weeks after conception), whether the baby could come now and not have to go straight to the ICU or not.
You're only 37 weeks, therefore given the 2 week variation window you may only be 35 weeks, which is far too early for baby to be coming - baby would end up in NICU.    Don't stress about being dilated until you're at your due date.   Just enjoy your last few weeks of being pregnant and chill out.    
Some woman dont dialate until they gp into labour abd others start dialating ahead of time. U could still go ibto labour before a woman who is already dialated it just depends on ur body. Id switch cervix with you tho if i could. Im 31 weeks and my cervix is only 1. Dont.fret it when ur babe is ready to come they will.
The baby is measuring at 38.4 with my 6 year old I was dilated 2cm  for weeks before so for my cervix to be 2.6 in length is something I don't recall hearing about I was just confused on what that meant.