Pregnancy: Social Community
ftm, baby shower???

This community is where you can chat with other members about day-to-day Pregnancy issues and topics. This community is not monitored by medical professionals. If you have questions or are in need of Pregnancy support, please visit our Pregnancy 18-24, Pregnancy 25-34 or Pregnancy 35+ communities.

ftm, baby shower???

I'm 19 weeks pregnant. First time. No idea how to go about doing a baby shower. Someone help? What an i supposed to do? And when? I'm lost
This I my first time too but I went to babies r us and the lady said to do a registry about two months before your shower. I'm due may 13 and my shower date is April 6th. So we did the registry the week of feb 6th and we are sending out the invites this week. After that we will figure out the things that go along with it like games and food and what not. Good luck! And have fun :)
I planned my own shower because I'm so picky lol..i registered at babies r us as soon as it was confirmed I'm having a boy..then i found a place to do it at, decided who all i wanted to come,what kinds of food i wanted, what games, and just did the decorations last night and today at 5 is my shower:) I'm 31+4. Im due April 16. I wanted it so early so i could have time to get the things i didn't get from my shower before my son is here
Im due may 13th too and am having my babyshower on march 15th.  google games to play at the babyshower. I recommend doing at least three games.
Like what games do you play and what type of food is adequate for a baby showrr?
There are all kinds of different games to play at showers, it's really up to you. Most people do the one where you have to guess how big mom's belly is by cutting string, ribbon, ect. Just google shower games there are tons of them out there some kinda lame others pretty fun! Food, it depends on the time of day. If its right around a meal time I would get some more filling foods. I had mine 3-6 and we did a fruit and cheese tray, a veggie tray, a couple sandwich trays, chips, and different types of drinks. Also with cupcakes at the end.
Oh we also had m&m's and mixed nuts on each table.
Food depends on you, I'm due april 22, & having my shower march 16th. my family is latin so we are serving a full buffet style meal along with cakes and a dessert bar! Games we are doing the guessing game for my belly, the candy melted in the diaper, the water breaking game which you freeze a plastic baby in an icecube and whoever "waterbreaks" first wins
Were having sandwich trays,, queso and chips, cupcakes and drinks:)
I just keep seeing things about registering? What does that mean? Do i have to? I doing completely dumb right now but I'm just so lost on what i need to do about this baby shower
Sound*
Here is my tip.  I loved my shower.  Good times and it makes you feel so special!!  I registered at Babies R Us for all things I thought I'd need.  You get many presents at the shower but will find things that you need will not be given.  Have your shower early enough that you can still get out comfortably and purchase things you might need.  My sister was a dear and went out after my shower and bought all the things I didn't get on my registry--  the essential pack and play for example.  

So, leave yourself some extra money and time to finish up the shopping hopefully before you are due the next day!

Oh, and I've been to several showers where the invitation said to bring a box or pack of diapers in various sizes.  The mom to be went home with a steady supply of those much needed diapers!
Think of it like a wedding present list. When you send out the invites you put in the code given to you when you register and your guests can pick something from the list of gifts you've said you'd like. They can also ignore it and get you something random but most people stick to what you have in your list so they don't duplicate a present. Don't forget to include low value items to. Enjoy your shower x