Pregnancy: Social Community
is there any thing i can take for a cold as i have work tonight

This community is where you can chat with other members about day-to-day Pregnancy issues and topics. This community is not monitored by medical professionals. If you have questions or are in need of Pregnancy support, please visit our Pregnancy 18-24, Pregnancy 25-34 or Pregnancy 35+ communities.

I am 13 weeks pregnant and i have work tonight but i have the worse cold i cant go 10 mins without having to use a tissue because of my nose and my boss wont like that at all especially because i work in the fast food industry on front  as a front counter giving people there food and taking phone orders and i sound.like ****
Do not take cold or sinus medication, there have been no tests on them to determine side effects (source: telehealth ontario) you can take regular strength tylenol, breathe right nose strips, or rinse your nose with salt water. I totally feel your pain. I'm 15+ 6 and have just gotten over my third flu of the season. Make sure you drink lots of fluids and stay hydrated. Avoid starches, they will make your nose stuffier. Avoid sugar, it will affect your sleep, and sleep is the best possible thing for you right now. I hope you feel better soon!
I asked the pharmasist what I could take for my endless runny nose yesterday and he gave me Benalynn Allergy.  I was kinda skeptical whether it would help my cold or not but it totally dried up my runny nose.  I would recommend it.
All you can take is tyneol, unless a doctor prescribes you something in which a cold there hardly anything you can take.
my dr gave me a list of safe meds. benyldril, tylenol, and plain sudafed are all ok. just make sure theres no other additives to the meds, has to be plain no cold and flu on the box or anything like that.
I've also been told not to take any cold meds besides Tylenol so what I like to do is use Vicks vaporub on neck,chest and under the nose also the baby vapour baths are good to relax in and are safe for baby so safe for us pg moms. Also sucking on cough drops helps soothe throat and chest hot drinks and teas helps as well and I also take extra vitamin c have been told by both ob and pharmacist that is ok to take while pg. I find if you start doubling up on vit c at the first signs of a cold it helps the most and wards off the cold. I do that even when not pg. also you can put honey into your tea or even just hot water and lemon add some honey it will help soothe your throat good luck and get better soon