Pregnancy: Social Community
question about the labor process
About This Community:

This community is where you can chat with other members about day-to-day Pregnancy issues and topics. This community is not monitored by medical professionals. If you have questions or are in need of Pregnancy support, please visit our Pregnancy 18-24, Pregnancy 25-34 or Pregnancy 35+ communities.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

question about the labor process

I'm not very fond of needles and I'm not sure how I feel about epidurals. I heard they are painful. I was just wondering if theres another way to reduce the pain or is a epidural it?
5 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
134578_tn?1404951303
You know, I never felt the needle from my epidural.  I don't know about other methods of anaesthesia, I think there are variations on epidurals.  One thing and I don't want to bug you, but the moment you are in Labor & Delivery, they put an IV into your hand or arm.  It's to keep you hydrated and give them a fast path for drugs in case of emergency (the kind where they would need to knock you all the way out).  It's inconvenient and in the way, but I think it is standard practice.  
Blank
Trust me honey, you will be in a lot of pain from contractions to feel epidural, with my first baby my son I didn't feel the epidural at all! They do ask for family members to leave the room. My husband had to leave. With my daughter my second, my labor was bad the pain was awful! I got epidural with both kids around 8 cm dialed, with my daughter the guy must of did something different my right leg jumped, I had bad contractions and was hard for me to stay still, I felt the needle but it didn't hurt, after he put it in the pain from contractions just stopped. So if you don't want to feel pain get the epidural, I never seen the needle I didn't want to, and I doubt they show you, don't worry about it just get it
Blank
4838572_tn?1367710319
Yea I had to get three iv's already because I had really bad morning sickness but im a tiny person so they always mess up with the poking and I have to get poked more than once...I'm only ten weeks so I got Plenty of time to figure out what to do. After all the times I've been in the hospital they shouldn't even bother me anymore lol
Blank
Compared to contractions you won't feel a thing!! :-) plus the effect is instant and the relief amazing!! I'm hoping they'll give me mine a lot quicker this time round :-) x
Blank
The epidural wasn't too painful when I got it with my first two pregnancies. Didn't see them do it, and the only thing i felt was a little pressure on my back and a slight burbibg sensation that lasted just a couple seconds, then was completely numb. Good luck!!!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Pregnancy: Social Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank