Pregnancy: Social Community
really need advice im an emotional wreck

This community is where you can chat with other members about day-to-day Pregnancy issues and topics. This community is not monitored by medical professionals. If you have questions or are in need of Pregnancy support, please visit our Pregnancy 18-24, Pregnancy 25-34 or Pregnancy 35+ communities.

Okay so ive been with my bf for 3 years.. he has a daughter and we are expecting our first in nov ( im not that far along only 6 weeks) we have had a rocky relationship and he still lives in his parents basement. his parents do not want him to move out but i refuse to raise my child in a basement and with his parents intervening. He has the money  but wont move out.. am i beong rediculous and over reacting or should he step it up
No I think he should step up... Yall are expecting a baby. And you definitely don't need the in laws in the way either. They could be some help to you after you have the baby though. But I still think he should step up and get yall a place of your own especially if he has the money to do it with.
His parents don't want him to move out? How old is he? I would have a sit down with him and tell him you will need help after baby comes and don't fell comfortable moving in with his family. Have a plan ready if he starts asking you questions.
Hes 26! his father is extremely cheap and thinks if he moves out we will be wasting our money.. my argument is that his parents enable him to use his money freely and he needs to take responsibility so we can learn to live on our own.. i understand his parents are trying to help us, but we need our privacy and i want to raise my children with my husband not his parents. Hhis room is in the basement and they want the baby to have a room upstairs.. he tells me he wants to move out but is afraid his parents will resent me for making him do it
*Boyfriend not husband yet
Wow.
Sounds like he is not ready to do so and is trying to make it seem like he is protecting you in some strange way.
And personally I would soooo not be that far away from my baby. Its your child not theirs.
And your completely right! They are enabling him. And this is what he is used to.
You might have a great guy. He has just yet to grow completely up is all.
Thank you.. feels good to hear someone agree with me.. im just so upset because now we are having a baby and we need to make a plan to get our own place.. like soon. i just hope he realizes
where do you stay? tell him to move in with you? i certainly would not want to bring up a baby in a basement... or leave him/her upstairs while im down in a basement. he needs to man up and take responsibility. hope it works out xxx