should i take another test?
hi i'm 24, and my periods are not very regular there always a few days late and can be up to a week from the date it should be, last month a few days after my period i had unprotected sex with my partner - a week or so later i started getting what felt like period cramps,, i had also been treated for  thrush so kind of though it maybe related to the cramps as i had never had it before a which i did'nt really worry about, but it has now continued for the past 3/4   i decided it would be best to take a pregnacey test, only one line came up to say i was negative but the other box was quite pink although no line showed, so i hadnt thought about it much - the cramps still continue and i have also noticed i keep having light headed moments where i become almost dizzy - could i be pregnant? i show no other signs,  there are no changes in my breasts, and i dont need to urinate more oftern than usual and no headaches the only things i have noticed is (sorry to be graphic) is a change in discharge,dizzyness and more emotional i have also been eating much more but i have put that down to comfort eating, could i please have some advice? should i take another test and when would be the best time to do, i was thinking that i might wait another week or so to see if i come on, but feeling a little impatient as i would love to find out i was pregnant, please tell me what you think  as it would be really appreciated
Wait another week and test again.
I agree, wait and test again. If the test doesn't help you, and you still don't come on, I would go in to a clinic or an ob/gyn and have them check you out.
Your best bet is to see your doctor.  Depending on how many days "a few days" is , you may not have ovulated yet.  A negative pregnancy test usually means you're not pregnant or it was too early to detect the hormone.  Wait a few more days, take another test - or at least wait until your period is pretty late.  Having irregular cycles at 24 isn't that unusual, but you may still want to visit your doctor to rule out other issues.