Pregnancy and Parenting: Multiples Community
38 weeks pregnant and so uncomfortable

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Pregnancy & Parenting Multiples.

38 weeks pregnant and so uncomfortable

I want to hear if anyone else has gone through these issues I am having. This is my third baby and its so different. I will be 38 weeks on friday and I have swollen feet and so is my vagina. I have so discomfort while I am at work. Sitting is just uncomfortable. and I also tested positive with the strep b so now I am so nervous to have sex and being swollen doesnt help that. I dont know what to do to help.
Avatar dr f tn
HI,
Swelling occurs in late pregnancy because of pressure of the pregnant uterus on the veins. However it is necessary to rule out local infection in the vagina. Also because this is your third pregnancy, the abdomen tends to gravitate downwards and causes discomfort. Your gynaecologist will be able to help you.
Take care and good luck.