Pregnancy and Parenting: Multiples Community
7 weeks 4 days pregnant with twins!!!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Pregnancy & Parenting Multiples.

7 weeks 4 days pregnant with twins!!!

Hello all I am new to this community. I just found out last wednesday that I am pregnant with twins. My husband and I are super excited! I worry alot though. Right now I am having brown discharge and it is driving me crazy!!! have any of you had this happen? I had alot of bleeding last tuesday, i was really afraid and then the dr. said everything was fine and i was going to have 2 babies!! now ive got the brown discharge and im thinking that it is old blood from last week but i just cant help but worry. I am a twin and he died when my mom was 5 months pregnant (twins run in the family) and my husband has 2 brothers that are twins. I really did not think that I would have twins lol. This is so exciting but stressful at the same time.Do any of your prego symptoms change throughout the day or are different on different days? sometimes it feels like they go away but then they come back..is that normal...hmmmm I would love to talk to anyone willing to talk. I am bored and babysitting so I dont have anything to do so write back please
keisha- I did not have it with this twin pregnancy, but when I was pregnant with my daughter (just one back then) I did have brown blood around the same time as you (7 weeks) and everything turned out perfectly.  I have heard that dark blood is not as much of a concern in early pregnancies, but definitely keep in touch with your OB, and let him/her know what's going on!  I just know that in my own pregnancy everything was fine!  I am now 31 weeks pregnant with twins!  (We have no family history, so ours was a big, wonderful surprise!)  Good luck on your twin pregnancy!
-1st
Congratulations on the twins! It is definitely a bit more stressful with twins than with one... atleast I think so. I am always worried about something. Didn't have the brown discharge with my pregnancy... but normally i've heard that brown is old blood and if it is pink or red it is worrisome. Definitely call your doctor and ask lots of questions if you have them though! Also, a book I recommend to every is a book called "What to Expect When Expecting Twins, Triplets, Quadruplets" it has a lot of good information along with nutrition information. Good luck!
Everything is fine. I will be 36 weeks pregnant this Sat with twins (Boy and Girl). Everything you are going through is normal. I had the browish bleeding in the beginning. It's call "implantation bleeding".  You will be experiencing a lot things with a twin pregnancy. Most of it is normal. If you are not too sure, call your doctor or feel free to email me at anything. I have two weeks left! It will be an experience........Congrats and Good Luck!
Congrats, I havent had any discharge but hear it's normal if it's dark brown.

Today I am 7 weeks 4 days. I must be having identicals because we had one blastocyst transferred, We already have 2 children and girl 13 and boy 11, so we are really not worried about the sex of the bubs.
I am paranoid something is going to happen all the time, even when we make love I make hubby pull out, I don't want that stuff any where near my cervix..lol..freaks me out that it will soften up.
I get nausiated throughout the day, not every day and not all day but more than not. My breasts haven't been extremely sore though, don't know what that means. Occassionally I do get mild cramps/pain, but a reli who had twins says this is normal, everything is growing faster than a singleton. I am extremely tired but cant sleep. Gone off coffee totally. Have the occassional heart burn days and very itchy stomach and lower back/bottom. We ahve a few months of worry and excitement ahead of us..
How is things going?
Hello! everything here seems to be going great!! How are things with you?
Congrats to you for the twins. I conceived twins thru FET. Before, during and after implantation I was having accupuncture treatments and that helped me a lot as far as the stress level. because of that I also felt hardly any nausea, maybe 1 or 2 times a wk hardly enough to be sick about. There was no back pain, no swelling of the feet. But I was always tired, especially the first 12wks and the later 2-3wks. I had brown discharge during the first 8 wks, dr said that may be due to the progesterone I was taking. I used to be so worried, until she would check to see that everything is fine.