Pregnancy and Parenting: Multiples Community
Being Pregnant & Your Balance...Is it Difficult?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Pregnancy & Parenting Multiples.

Those of you who are well into your pregnancies - do you have difficulty keeping your balance with a big belly? Pregnant with multiples especially, do you lose your balance easily? Fall? Do you trip easily?

I know that the pelvis and the muscles around it relax more at this time, I just want to know...is it very easy to lose your balance? And if you fall down (not hitting your belly,) does it cause major concern for miscarriage?
I'm 31 weeks and I haven't actually fallen but I do lose my balance a lot. My husband has to help me out of a chair because I'll stumble a lot. He's probably the only reason I haven't fallen lol. My doctor told me that if I do fall that the only time I need to worry is if I have a lot of pain in my tummy and pelvic area.
It must be really variable depending on the woman -- I went all through pregnancy without any balance issues, even walking into the hospital when I was in labor.  
I guess it does depend on the woman...would you say that it is easier to bruise your pelvis or fall on your butt or side more than hitting your belly?

And during the last few week, like 25 wks ++, does your belly feel heavy? Does it feel heavy as if you're actually holding a child in your arms? How would you describe the feeling?