Pregnancy and Parenting: Multiples Community
Does spotting while pregnancy mean sign of twins

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Pregnancy & Parenting Multiples.

Hello all, I wanted some feed back from mothers who carried twins before. My husband and I are planning to have a child and this month I think I could be pregnant because of symptoms and being that this would be my fourth pregnancy I pretty much know the symptoms of pregnancy. However, I am not due to get my period for another week but yesterday I started spotting and today I was spotting as well but it is very light, light enough to not use a tampon. This is something new for me because all other times I never bleed or spotted.  I read this can also be a sign of twins. My cousin who had twins said she also bleed through her pregnancy with her twin boys. Did anyone else have this experience and if so how long did the spotting last?
Hi :) I am pregnant with twins and my experience is that i had a brown discharge for 5 days when my period was due and then had some more discharge at 6 weeks.  i have 5 other children and have never bled with them.  hope that helps a little :) x
I was pregnant with twins twice.  i spotted and bled with the first pregnancy, when I lost one twin (this was at the 6 week point).  I had no spotting or any sign until 12 weeks along with the second pregnancy, when I miscarried.  I don't think spotting is a sign of twins, but in my case, it was a sign of miscarriage.
I was pregnant with twins and no spotting, bleeding or colored discharge. So no spotting is NOT a sign of twins. The ONLY way you'll know if it's multiples is to get an u/s done.
I am currently 13 weeks pregnant with twins and I have never had any spotting or bleeding. I agree with penswriter that spotting is not an indicator of having twins, an u/s is. Good luck!!
Thanks, I still not sure if I am pregnant, the spotting lasted for 2 1/2 days and went away and now I am suppose to get my period a week later and no period. I am going to wait until the end of the week and then do a pregnancy test to see if I am actually pregnant. I am still bloated like I ate 5 cheeseburgers and 2 order of fries. I went to the hospital 2 days ago for fainting in the store, which has never happened before in my life. I am not sure what is going on but hope to find out soon.
Even increased appetite doesn't mean you're pregnant. I didn't get hungry until my 3rd trimester. My first I didn't even want to look at or smell food. It was all so disgusting to me. I fainted a lot but I also have a heart condition which causes it (so it was most likely not pregnancy related.)