Pregnancy and Parenting: Multiples Community
EIF other people had it or have it?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Pregnancy & Parenting Multiples.

EIF other people had it or have it?

My doctor called me yesterday and told me that it looks like there is a EIF on my baby girl. My doctor also said that a EIF is a small marker for down syndrome.  I freaked out she told me that the blood test work shows that I do not show any signs for the baby to have down syndrome but wants me to see a specialist just to make sure. All I found on the Internet was EIF was a part of the heart muscle where it has more calcium than average and there is some cases that it is a sign for down syndrome but there are a lot of cases that show no connection. .. I am 19 years old and I am 19 weeks pregnant.  If this has happened to someone and everything is okay and fine please let me know or if this is happening to you know and ypu found out that its okay.  Thank you