Pregnancy and Parenting: Multiples Community
Fetal movement?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Pregnancy & Parenting Multiples.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Fetal movement?

Hi, I am currently 17 weeks (almost 18 weeks) pregnant with twins & getting quite large! I was wondering if what i am feeling is the babies or not. When I am laying down I can feel my belly tighten up in one spot about palm sized on the side or below my bellybutton, and it kinda bulges a bit. Is this the baby? At first I thought BH but wouldnt my whole belly get hard instead of one little area?
Related Discussions
6 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
it could be one of the babies rolling over. whenever i was pregnant you could always see where they were kicking out or their little bums were poking out. my dh said it reminded him of the movie aliens (the part where the alien is about to explode out of the chest). whenever i got my bh they would radiate around the pelvic area to the back. my contractions were all in my back but my entire belly got hard and i just had this urge to push.
Blank
161938_tn?1212172749
yes I could feel them moving quite early with twins
Blank
I noticed the first move when I was around 20wks. one moved more than the other throughout the pregnency. The one in my upper belly moved too much, almost all the time, but the one in the bottom moved very little, sometimes I would hve to pat on her to make her move.   OHHH I really miss that now, those movements are soooo so special, and when I saw my tummy move, it was weird but very nice.
Blank
i used to set my warm tea cup on top of my belly and watch it rock back and forth. lol it was so funny watching them try to kick it off.
Blank
915119_tn?1341952589
I get the same thing and I am going on 14 weeks. There is only a spot that gets very hard and the rest is very soft!! My whole uterus is getting hard right now as I type!!
Blank
223372_tn?1240924276
That is so great that you are feeling movement!!  I had an anterior placenta so I rarely felt the twins move....
Blank
Pregnancy or Fertility questions?
100,000+ doctor answers
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Pregnancy and Parenting: Multiples Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979