Pregnancy and Parenting: Multiples Community
For those of you that had twins did you see the gestational sac AND yol...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Pregnancy & Parenting Multiples.

For those of you that had twins did you see the gestational sac AND yolk sac on your first u/s??

At how many weeks was your first ultrasound?  Was the doctor able to see BOTH the gestational sacs AND the yolk sacs?  I had my first u/s yesterday at 5 weeks and 5 days and there were two gestational sacs and only one had a yolk sac.  The one missing the yolk sac also measured smaller, at 5 weeks and 1 day.  The first one measured 5 weeks and 3 days.  I am wondering if anyone has been in this situation before and only saw one yolk sac at first, and then at the next week's u/s you saw everything and the babies were both just fine?  I have to wait until Tuesday for my next u/s.  The nurse thinks it is more likley that the yolk sac will not appear.  Does anyone have any experience with this or advice?
For me at my first ultrasound they saw only one sac and then went i went back they saw two heartbeats.  I think it is best to just wait and see what happens.  The nurses and ultrasound techs do make mistakes.
Thanks:)  I am praying for my two little ones but not very hopeful for one of them.
i was able to see both boys (sacs, poles, little tadpole bodies and hearts) at 9 weeks.
I was able to see both sacs, poles, little bodies and their little heartbeats at 8 wks.  They each had good heart rates too.  The tech said that the one baby's  heart rate was 179 and the other baby's heart rate was 175.  She said those were good heart rates.  Also, she said that the babies were a day apart so maybe it's just b/c your babies are a few days apart that only one sac was present b/c every day those babies grow so the other baby had more days to develop and the other baby will catch up and they will both be fine.  Let me know how it goes and congrats to you.  Good luck!!