Pregnancy and Parenting: Multiples Community
Gestational carrier

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Pregnancy & Parenting Multiples.

Gestational carrier

I'm a gestational carrier & am 3 weeks 6 days pregnant through IVF transfer. Found out today both blastocyst attached, yay ! I'm a mom to 5 children of my own & am 38. Wondering how twin pregnancy differs from single pregnancy (other than the obvious). My last child was 11 years ago & back then twins was a big deal & deemed risky.
Well, the first risk is that even if both implant, they won't necessarily both make it to maturity.  You could look up "vanishing twin" for more on the topic, my IVF doctor warned me about it early in the process and I had it happen; in fact it's relatively common.  The other risks are just from carrying a bigger load -- higher blood pressure, more aches and pains, less room for each baby.  But with good care you should go through that part of it fine.
What a wonderful thing you are doing!!!  I have never had a single pregnancy, but I can tell you my twin pregnancy went pretty much smoothly.  I gained 29 lbs, never had swelling, or any issues really.  I walked really slow though.  I guess it was from all the weight out front. Lol. Are you sure you are only 3wks and 6 days though?  They go from your last period.  In the fertility world, they Go by the day the eggs were retrieved.

My twins were born at 36wks and 2days.  I went into labor, but as both were transverse, I had to have a c section.

Again, what a wonderful thing you are doing for someone
Just FYI mom2again just had twins for a couple. You could connect with her.
Very certain. I'm 4 weeks 4 days now. With IVF everything is timed, there is no guesstimating, lol.
They count from the day her eggs were removed, 02/06. 5 days later they transferred to me, then 6 days later blood HCG was 19.i was told the eggs hatch anywhere from 24 hours to 5 days but the date doesn't change, because it goes by retrieval date.  It's a lot different than when I had my five thats for certain. IVF is a whole new world ! We're just praying for 1 good healthy baby, 2 would be a bonus !
My 1st baby weighed 8 pounds 10 ounces term
2nd baby, 9 pounds 3 ounces term
3rd baby , 8 pounds 9 ounces 2 weeks early
4th baby, 10 pounds 11 ounces 6 weeks preterm
5th baby 9 pounds 4 ounces 5 weeks Pre term

So kinda worried if its 2 about the size... My BP has slightly increased as has my body temp.
New to this, how do I connect with her??
Fraternal twin pregnancies are much less risky to the babies than placental and/or sack sharing pregnancies, however risks for preeclampsia, preterm labor, and gestational diabetes all go up with any multiple pregnancies.
I am 32 weeks with identical twin girls. Am currently measuring 42 centimeters, so just know u are going to get huge, sore, and tired much more quickly with a twin pregnancy. Be prepared to stop working earlier (if you do), taking it easy, and drink tons and tons of water! First and foremost goal for any multiple pregnancy is keeping those babies in as long as u can :) Your doctor may induce you earlier than 40 weeks, my doctor Is inducing me at 37 weeks. Twins tend to kind of stop growing at a certain point because of space restrictions, they also tend to develop a little faster so are more ready for birth by 37 weeks.
I'm a FTM so have not had a singleton pregnancy to compare it to.
Amazing your providing these little ones for someone, very selfless thing to do. My pregnancy has been an especially amazing experience, and both my girls are doing wonderfully, I feel very blessed.
Any questions, feel free to ask!
Yes, I did I ivf also.  So, you have seen the 2 sacs and heartbeats :) yay!!  My doc did our 1st u/s at 5wks 5dsys and we we just saw the sacs and at 7wks the heartbeats.  My first beta 10 dp5dt was296.  

If you type in the user name you are looking for in the search bar, it will take you to a posting they have made, and you can click on their user name there and it will take you to their page

How have you been feeling so far?
Thanks for the info. Haven't heard heartbeat yet, said it would be about another week or two. I worry about #'s but all 3 of my Dr's say they are good & suspect late implant. curious what tjis weeks numbers will be. This is unnerving !! Doing well, but much more tired ! Lol. Could be because I'm not a spring chicken anymore ! Could be from meds or babies, or all three ! Not to mention 5 of my own to attend to !
That has to be hardntomhave 5 of your own to look after :). Kodos to you!! Lol.  I can't wait to hear that you have seen the heartbeats :). Do you have a date for that?  Keep us updated!   I bet the parents are soooo excited!!!!