Pregnancy and Parenting: Multiples Community
How??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Pregnancy & Parenting Multiples.

How??

Im 15-16weeks now..and i havent broken the news 2 my fam yet... Main reason - i dnt knw how??? Any help?? Im not married, dating the most awesome African man, and im white.. Our relationship was a huge shock 4 the fam, so how do i break the news bout the Baba without going through the same stress than a year and a half ago??? :-(
At some point they are going to find out. It would be better if it came from you then them finding out on their own. You have to do what makes you happy. I'd your bf makes you happy it shouldn't matter if he's purple with pink spots. When my parents heard about my husband and I getting married after 10 yrs of being together it felt like they were not happy for me. I said you don't have to be a part of the wedding if you don't want to, I'm going to do what makes me happy. It's been 20yrs now and we are still together. I'm sure your parents love you, it may be a little uncomfortable for them to accept but I would hope the news of a baby would be nice. Good luck with everything :) and remember the more you stress about it, it's not good Goethe baby, just clear the air.
Thank u sooooo much!! I really appreciate ur advice... I will keep u updated when we break the news... Thanks again!! :-)
Ok I'll wait to hear from you. I'm sure it won't be easy but it's just one of those things you have to do. If they are not accepting at first hopefully they will get over it after a while. I hope everything goes well for you.
Thank u!! :-)
We are very quick to assume that the news will be taken negatively. It may not be the case. Parents love their children no matter what. Grandparents love their grandchildren MORE than their own kids <3 If you feel scared and don't want to face them then do it over the phone or even better, send them a card and let them know that way. Most important is that you stress in your news how HAPPY both of you are and this is your dream come true to have a baby with someone that you love. If you have ultrasound pictures you should show them that or put them in the card. You don't have to say anything. I hope that they feel bad that you didn't feel that you couldn't share this happy news with them sooner <3 Best of luck and love for your family!
Thanks so much 4 ur wonderful words!! Its very difficult for us but I know that Im gonna have to do it some or other time..cause Im starting to show :-)!! Ill keep u guys updated... Tnx again for the support!!