Low fetal heart rate and size for one twin
My husband and I have been trying for 2 years to have a baby, I went to the Dr last Thursday and found out I was 5 weeks and 1 day pregnant! I went today for an ultrasound and they discovered 2 sacks and told me I was having twins. They were concerned because one is measuring only 2mm with a heartbeat of 100 and the other is 4mm with a heart beat of 140. They told me that should not be that different in size and they are thinking it is vanshing twin syndrome. I have another ultrasound scheduled next week but I just want some peace of mind and to know if anyone has had anything like this before? I'd be happy with just one, but seeing 2 little faint flutters on the screen makes me sad to think of one of them not being there.
A friend of mine at works wife had the same thing happen to her. It just happens sometimes. Guess all you can do is be happy about the one. BU you never know, the other one MAY survive.
I honestly wouldnt worry about it at all. My twins have been a week apart from the get go and I am now 25 weeks along. And guess what, they are STILL a week apart. What the doctor told me is that it looks like one implanted on a different date than the other and that there was nothing to worry about. Most of the time with (fraternal) twins they will be different in size as all babies are different. Good luck to you and please keep us updated.
Thank you both for the replies! I went to the Dr. today and everything is fine with both of the babies : )  one heart rate is 131 and the other is 121 so they are happy with that. I know I still have a couple hurdles to get through but at least that's one less worry!