Pregnancy and Parenting: Multiples Community
Positive pregnancy test, nothing on ultrasound.
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Pregnancy & Parenting Multiples.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Positive pregnancy test, nothing on ultrasound.

Hello,
I have been trying to find more information on this but so far I have not been able to find a case exactly like mine - many similar but not the same. I did a pregnancy test on tuesday, because i really wanted to be pregnant and my period was kind of late. It was positive. I had been having mild cramps similar to the ones I have before i get my period, as well as tender breast, so after the positive I though that this made sense. I took two more tests the next day just to be sure and they were both positive as well. I don't have any bleeding whatsoever, some very mild crams (actually i don't have any today) and bloating. I had my first obgyn visit today. They did a test too and it came back positive. And then came the sonogram. There was nothing in there. The doctor said she only sees thick lining on the uterus wall but no sack or anything else. She said that i may not be as far along as I though (last period was May 29th) because my last few cycles were of varying length. So they did blood test for hormonal levels and i am going back in 2 days for another one. But I am SO WORRIED and wanted to know if anybody else has experienced that and how it ended. Please share some experiences. Most stories i read mentioned they had bleeding and resulted in chemical pregnancy or something like that, but I am not bleeding and I feel fine.
6 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
2013578_tn?1341815612
If you go to the pregnancy 18-34 forum here you will get lots of women who can relate or had something similar happen such as going in at 6 weeks and only seeing a sack but no fetal pole and then they go back in 2 weeks later and can see everything....as long as you aren't bleeding there is a good chance you just ovulated later than you thought and that there isn't anything to see yet. plus you keep getting positive tests. I will keep my fingers crossed for you but odds are everything is fine :)
Blank
Thanks, I will try that.
Blank
omg...do  you went thru that hormone test?wat was the result?i am really scared..becos i am presently having the same symptoms as you said..my lower abdomen has mild pain and my nipples gets hurt also.this time i was on clomid..its 6 or 7 days after my ovulation..i have not net took a pregnacy test..becos i thnk its early..is there a chance i b pregnant.dear frnd please amke us update about your status.baby dust to you..
Blank
I was pregnant but a week later I started bleeding and miscarried. Take a home pregnancy test if you want to know for sure. Good luck!
Blank
2013578_tn?1341815612
aww I am sorry for your loss *hugs*
Blank
i have similar problems! 3 positive pregnancy tests, a blood test showing low levels of hcg but nothing in my ulterus apart from fluid that apprently is more then it should be. altho they have ruled out an etopic pregnancy because they cannot see anything in my fallopian tubes they still dont know. in the meantime i have tender breasts n mild cramping. so god knows whats going on!!!!!
Blank
Pregnancy or Fertility questions?
100,000+ doctor answers
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Pregnancy and Parenting: Multiples Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703