Potential undetected twin/two sacs one heartbeat
  Hi,I believe I am on the cusps of twelve weeks expecting. I say that due to having three ultrasounds with three different sonographers all estimating different conclusions to how far along I am and my EDD. At around i believe six weeks and six days (From what they said that occasion) i went to the local ER for concerns from bleeding. They did an US and said they detected a heartbeat and my cervix was closed completely...Great! One week later i am back in the ER from cramping and bleeding blood clots from nine am to about five pm, When i arrived at the ER, they asked if i had intercourse, answer no. US tech said she detected two heartbeats then recanted and said she was mistaken because one heard was from myself. She also found two sacs, but did not explain further, and also stated my uterus was measuring large. This doctor said i was having a threatened miscarriage and gave no explanation but to "take it easy". ER doctors and my OB never ran hormone level detection tests (Blood) My doctor is a quack and did not really give any explanation. My third ultrasound tech ran one at ten weeks and bumped how far along i was down, did not answer questions and did not let me hear heartbeat but also never said i was having twins or that she found two fetuses. My next US is not for two months and my mind is racing! Anyone know about possibilities of US misdiagnosis, fetus in second sac going undetected, or forming into twin? Only found one woman with similar situation and did end up indeed having twins, but also found other cases where the bleeding was from vanishing twin. Any help?
mhv
Wow!  How confusing!  Ii honestly don't think you are going to know what is going on until your next US.  
I would demand they show you the US screen, and let you hear the heartbeat(s).  By then, it will be pretty obvious as to how many babies your are carrying.  
Please update us!