Pregnancy and Parenting: Multiples Community
Potty Trained, NO!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Pregnancy & Parenting Multiples.

Potty Trained, NO!

I am 6.5 months pregnant (26wks) and I am awake at this ungodly hour to clean sheets and change my 4 year old girl. I have tried rewarding her for being dry, praising her, making her the "big girl, big sister", waking her up, leaving the lights on, pull ups, big girl panties, and just about anything else I've seen suggested.. Am I doing something wrong? I know its "normal" to not have a fully mature bladder until 7 but I don't want to be changing 2 wet kids every night, any suggestions?

PS. She's been day potty trained for about a year now and was verrrrry stubborn about that as well.
Avatar dr f tn
Some children are prone to bed wetting till a late age. Measures like restricting fluids before bed-time, passing urine before going to bed and waking up once in the night for empting the bladder will help. Bed wetting can be because of psychological factors or due to physical problems. Hence it is necessary to consult your Doctor. Certain drugs can also help with bladder training.
The answer is based on information provided. Exact advice is not possible without a proper examination and investigations. You are requested to consult your Doctor. Take care and keep us posted.
Keep her in night diapers, there is no reason to be up changing sheets.