Pregnant with Toddler Issues
I'm 8 weeks pregnant with my second child. My daughter is 22 months and doesn't understand why she can't jump on mommy's stomach or why I'm sick all the time. Does anyone have pointers for helping an almost two year old cope with a preggo mom and an incoming sibling? Also, aside from hurting and making me want to hurl can she really do any damage to the baby by jumping on my tummy right now?
HI,
Sickness is a part of the symptoms of early pregnancy. Nausea and vomiting can be quite distressing during this time. However a toddler jumping on the stomach is best avoided for preventing an untoward incident like a miscarriage. A proper talk with the toddler about the new arrival in a manner that she can understand will be helpful.
The answer is based on information provided. Exact advice is not possible without a proper examination and investigations. You are requested to consult your Doctor. Take care and keep us posted.