Pregnancy and Parenting: Multiples Community
Ribs hurt!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Pregnancy & Parenting Multiples.

Ribs hurt!

Having trouble getting comfortable at night, my ribs are so sore....not from baby kicking just from stretching out and growth achy feeling really....

So what are your latest symptoms
Hey there, boy do I remember that pain - it was the worst at times and unfortunately there was nothing that could be done for it. I did find this lotion that was similar to icy hot and put that on occassionally and it did provide some relief. I was thankful to have only had it for about the last month or so before they were born. I sympathize with you and hope you can find some relief!!
Thanks, its such a strange pain and of course uncomfortable! I've also been noticing it takes a whole lot of effort just to roll over to get out of bed lol! i am always exhausted but feeling those little baby kicks in my belly makes up for it all....priceless!
I am at beginning of 17th week.

My most annoying symptom is that I always have to burp.  And I burp like a 200lb man.  Nothing ladylike. I had the same thing in my last pregnancy too and luckily afterwards it went away, but I know from the past experience, that it will be here for the next 5 months!  argh!

My strangest symptom is my crazy dreams.  Yes, I think it is related to the pregnancy.  Maybe not directly, but to the vitamins or extra iron I take?   When I was pregnant with my daughter I also had the same thing.  Lots of crazy dreams!  And a result I don't get a nice deep sleep but stay int he wrong REM cycle all night and wake up really tired.  That is my hypothesis on why I dream so much all the sudden.... It must be the iron tablets or the vitamins!
I had lots and lots of pillows on my bed to help take pressure off of my back, ribs..etc.....  
when i was pregnant my ribs hurt so bad but mine was baby related. my eli was always shoving his feet up under my rib cage and then kicking. or he's ram them into my diaphram...any part that could and would hurt/be uncomfortable that's where he'd put his feet at. lol
Ouch. Yes, that rib pain was bad and I remember it like it was yesterday. Turning over on my other side at night was painful : ( I am so sorry but it will be over before you know it!!!
Does your baby ever get into a position that makes you feel like there is pressure on your chest? Its hard to explain but sometimes I feel like a heavy feeling in front center like just below my breasts under the ribs where its like a pulse and a bit hard to breath for a second or two and if I move it goes away...hmm.. is that baby on the diaphram?