Twin Pregnancy - Vanish?
Hi everyone, I just had my 6 week ultrasound and found out that there are 2 BABIES!!! They each have their own sac and I saw each little heart flickering on the screen.  While i'm still processing this and very excited i'm nervous because my doctor told me to not get disappointed if one baby "vanishes" because some twin pregnancies don't make it.  This is upsetting to me and well just wanted to know if anyone else has dealt with this.  
Hi & congrats :) We saw a sac at our 5-week u/s. At 6 weeks, we saw the heartbeat & were surprised by another sac! Our doc told us not to share the news til we went back the next week because there was only a slight chance the second baby would make it. At 7 weeks, we saw two amazing, little heartbeats & we're now almost 21 weeks :) It is early, so take it easy & I hope you have the same outcome we have. I've heard of vanishing twins also with respect to a single sac, so I think you're ok in that regard since your babies are in separate sacs. Best wishes!!!
I am 6 1/2 wks pregnant with twins.  At my Ultrasound my doctor told me the same thing.  Basically he says about 50% of multiples reduce down.  Just have faith and take care of yourself.

Good luck.
I think once both heartbeats are seen, the chance goes down a little, but is still there until 12wks I believe. I too was worried about this and am thankful that i've made it to 26wks and both babies are still there. Good luck to you and don't worry too much.
I just had my us today, 6 weeks and 6 days, twins too! Our babies appear to be identical, in the same sack. Our doctor said the risk of vanishing twin is low once you see both heart beats, thankfully we saw both, so amazing!
I am pregnant 15 weeks now and yes at 10 weeks i was told i had a vanishing twin. I dont know how it was missed at my 8 week ultrasound, but it does happen