Pregnancy and Parenting: Multiples Community
Twins, one baby measuring 2 weeks behing but with low hb

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Pregnancy & Parenting Multiples.

After years of trying, my husband and I are finally expecting. We were a bit surprised to find out on our 1st ultrasound at 5w6d that we were having twins. Baby A had a sac but no fetal pole or heartbeat. Baby B had a sac, fetal pole and hb of 107. Now 2 weeks later, just had another u/s and Baby B is on target measuring at 8 weeks and hb of 158. Baby A has a fetal pole now but low hb of only 92. Dr said that might be a demise of Baby A as Baby A was measuring only 6 weeks instead of 8 weeks. Is it possible to have vanishing twin syndrome even though Baby A actually has a heartbeat and fetal pole now and didn’t two weeks ago. Baby A is only 5 mm and Baby B is 15 mm. We feel blessed to finally become pregnant but now that we know we have two, we want both our babies to make it. We’re not giving up on Baby A just yet and will keep on praying. Please if anyone has any advice or was in a similar situation, please provide feedback.
Hey there, first of all congratulations on your wonderful news!!  I haven't had a similar experience and since I don't know everything I would like to I am gonna take my best shot at your question, If the gestational sacs were both the same size when baby A had no fetal pole etc then the doctor could be right baby A may not make it BUT, I like to be optimistic when I can be :) It is entierly possible that baby A implanted later, or that baby A was infact concieved just after baby B, therefore explaining the size difference, however I think if that was the case then Baby A's sac may not have been seen on the ultrasound but like I said, pregnancy is a funny sort of thing, and anything can happen, I like to think that Baby A just took a little time to start sprouting and that all will be fine with both your little beans :) I wish you all the best of luck in the world and I really really hope that all goes well, I will keep my fingers crossed and pray for both of your baies, with a little extra for baby A. :) x  
P.s Please message me if you can when you know anything I would love to hear how you and your lovely babies get on, all the best! :) x
Thanks for your prayers. My next scan is in about 10 days so that's when we find out for sure. I had my weekly bloodwork done yesterday to measure hcg and progestorone and so far the levels are still rising. I was 8w3d yesterday and my hcg came back at 97,805 and progestorone was greater than 60. Mt Dr. warned me if Baby A didn't make it, I might get spotting but so far none. Also, I read with vanishing twin, sometimes the hcg drops and rises again but mine have almost doubled since last week. My husband and I still being positive and not giving up on Baby A just yet. I will keep you posted about my scan next week. Thanks again for your support and prayers : )
I didnt read all post but im a twin though my sister and i are conceived 2 weeks apart, so while i was 8 weeks my sister was 6 weeks, I dont know bout the heart beat but i hope this gives you a bit of ease on the mind =)