Twins? 2 gestational sacs, 1 baby
So when I was 7 weeks 2 days preggers, the Dr saw 2 sacs, only 1 baby. She measured 7 weeks and the Dr was unsure of what she saw in the second sac. Said it was possibly.empty . I went back for a followup ultrasound 8 days later at 8 weeks and 4 days. The tech didn't look very well it seemed, and didn't say anything about the second sac. But she did say that baby was measuring 7 weeks 3 days. That's only three days of growth 8 days after original ultrasound.  Is it possible that this was.the second.twin? This is my 4th pregnancy and I got pregnant 2 weeks after stopping my pill. I still truly believe that it's twins. I don't have another Dr appointment until February 8th. Does anyone have.any.similar stories.where they went back and there was.2 babies? Thanks so much.

HI,
There could be a twin pregnancy which was missed by the technician. Also sometimes an empty sac in a twin pregnancy regresses leaving behind the growing fetus. The picture will become clear in the next ultrasound. Also beta HCG levels help in correlation. Consult a gynaecologist for an evaluation.
Hope this helps.
The exact same thing happened to me, same week and everything. I really wish I could say I went back to find two, but they were right it was only one. My doc said its really, really common. I even had them confirm it on 3 seperate u/s. I'm now 25wks with a girl.