Pregnancy and Parenting: Multiples Community
Twins or something else?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Pregnancy & Parenting Multiples.

Twins or something else?

I'm 17 and i already have one child, so i know what it's like to be pregnant. I'm 13 weeks and 1 day. I took a pregnany test but it came back negative with a faint plus line. I feel two small sacs on each side of my stomach. I've been having early fetal movement, headaches everyday, food adversions/food cravings, itching, heartbuen/indigestion, more hungry and tired than usual, insomnia/difficulty sleeping, cramps, decrease in saliva, breast and nipple tenderness/soreness, back pain in my lower back, difficulty catching my breath, my intuition, just feel like i'm carryin more than one, anemia, nasal congestion, frequent urination, some of my clothes don't fit, light headed, dull ache in my lower back, nausea, mood swings, carpal tunnels, increased appetite, vaginal discharge, abdominal pain, dizziness, change in body temperature, more gas than usual, and darkening and bumps aronund my areolas.
Carpal tunnels???... hmmmm I think you got that wrong.
wow every symptom in the book you have :) prop best to go see your doc if your already that long gone. never thought it would be possible to feel two babys that early ???. usually you would find out at ultrasound or by how quicky your HCG increases/doubles.
anyway good luck to you

just for the post above .. carpal tunnel syndrome can happen in 28% of pregnancies its painful and affects the wrists
Yes I know its inflammation of the nerves in the wrist, but I have never ever heard of it as a symptom of pregnancy, and I am 41, 4 kids and another on the way!
Everything you described (besides carpal tunnel) is a typical symptom of pregnancy.

I had twins and nothing was abnormal or "extra". The only difference was my enormous belly.

and a faint line is a positive...not a negative. Go to a doc. The only way to know if it's twins is an u/s.
A faint positive is a positive. If your 13 weeks along you should see your OB. That way they can let you know if it's twins or not. I am 23 weeks along with twins and have no more symptoms than a singleton pregnancy. Even my belly is small and people cant believe that i'm carrying two.
I will