Pregnancy and Parenting: Multiples Community
What is the best kind of bottle to use when breastfeeding?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Pregnancy & Parenting Multiples.

Hi, I had my beautiful girls 4 weeks ago, on the 3rd June, I am breast feeding alone but would now like to express and use a bottle to give them some water occassionally. What is the best kind of bottle to use so i dont confuse them too much? I hear there are bottles that are just like nipples, I have some small avent bottles but would appreciate any information that you guys have. Cheers.
Well I just know I would not recommend using Dr. Brown bottles. Those leak a lot and they are a hassel to clean. Try using a wide neck bottle. You can go online to babies r us and read reviews and just go from there!! Hope you find the perfect bottle for your babies. Oh another thing is try buying a few different ones and try using them and if they like one just buy more of those!!
Do you have a breastpump and if so did it come with bottles?  I used Medela for a breastpump, and it came with bottles.  I liked them a lot and have also heard that they are BPA free.
I have hired a breastpump, the medela one, expensive but hopefully worth it, I will look at the babies are us reviews, I have got some avent bottles at the moment but someone told me there were bottles which imitated nipples almost exactly which were best to use, I havent found anything yet though.
The Nuk bottles are supposedly the best when going back and forth between the breast and bottle.  As long as they are a wide nipple it is fine....Avents are wide.