am getting worried
I'm 16 weeks pregnant this is my first pregnancy ,but I'm barley showing and have only gained 2 1/2 pounds. Last time I saw the doc was at 14 weeks I heard the heartbeat and the doc said I was fine. I'm worried because I have been trying for 1 year and its finally happens and I also felt the baby kick today. Is it normal to be barley showing?
HI,
Weight gain that is less and abdomen showing less can be signs that the growth of the baby is slow and not up to the mark. An ultrasound scan should be done to find out any signs of IUGR or growth retardation. Also small women will have small babies. Taking a proper diet and prenatal vitamins will help. Consult your gynaecologist.
Take care and good luck.
I am 15 weeks and dont think im showing much. Im actually losing weight instead of gaining. Im 4ft 11in and my prior 2 kids were born normal. My first one was 8pd 9oz and 18in long. My second one was 8pd 34oz and he was 18in a half inches long. Dont worry about just let ur baby grow at its own pace. If ur ultrasound was normal then u got noting to worry about. Later on when ur bigger ur gonna wish u were this small lol