Pregnancy and Parenting: Multiples Community
bleeding

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Pregnancy & Parenting Multiples.

bleeding

Hi I am 11 weeks pregnant with twins.  I started bleeding today, it started out pinkish brown and is now brownish red.  If that makes sense.  I went to the doctor and had an ultrasound today, he said everything looked fine.  Babies have strong heartbeats.  I am still worried to death and wanted to see if anyone else has had this problem.  Thanks to all who can help.
I'm glad you went for an u/s and that things are looking okay.  I'm sure it must be scary for you all the same though.  Did they put you on rest or anything?  

Lots of women have some bleeding during their pregnancies, and often times it's nothing serious.  Hang in there and try to rest and relax as much as you can.  I know that is easier said than done, so we're all here if you need more support!
I has spotting at exactly my 11 week mark. More of a light pink colour. Then on and off until 14 weeks. It was very minimal. At 14 weeks for one day I had bright red blood. Not alot but enough to send me to emerg for an u/s to check it out. My twins were fine/heartrates fine. They couldn't find any reason for the blood. They seemed to feel that as long as it stopped and wasn't accompanied by cramping or clots it was ok. Its been a week since then and I haven't had anything else. Its very unnerving to see. If they say your babies are ok then that is great news. I'm sure everything will be fine.
today im on the 5 week.I have strong abdominal cramps and heavy bleeding, it is heavier than a period. The midwife said i have to wait till friday when i have the appointment with the gynecologist. Does this mean that i am miscarring? Or is it an ectopic pregnancy as i took plan b and still got pregnant. Can it happen because i am so stressed. It is my first pregnancy and i dont know if i can keep the baby. I got so shocked and been crying for two days and today the cramping in the lower abdomen are like contractions or i dont find other word, worse than period crapms and i am wearing pads as the bleeding is worse than the period. Is it fine that i have to wait two days to be checked by the gynecologist. Is this normal or is it a miscarriage? and if it is a miscarriage can it be caused by the emitional stress that i am going through.
thank you very much for any advice.
Thats how I found out I was pregnant with twins.I was having some light, pink/brown bleeding and went for an U/S to check the baby. Thats when I found out I was having twins. My MD said it was common in twin pregnancies to have some light bleeding the first few months.
Thanks yall, I feel better hearing that other people have had this and go on to have healthy pregnancies and babies.  The bleeding has stopped but still having brown discharge.  I feel like tomorrow it will be gone.  Praise GOD!!

suela82:  I dont think I would wait two days.  Maybe a trip to the ER is the best thing if your GY wont see you.
Yep. Had brownish pink bleeding at 8 weeks for about 24 hours. Very, very common with twins. It is common in a regular singleton pregnancy and even more so with a twin one. My RE said it is because the uterus stretches that much faster with twins. Don't worry. Brown is good. Bright red and heavy is bad.

~t
yep it is 24 hours now and i have been bleeding like the first day of a heavy period, i have changed 5 pads full of blood, plus the pains in the lower abdomen like the ones you get when you have diarrhea. i went the emergency they said we dont have a gynecologist now, we have them after 5 pm. The appointment ia have scheduled is after other 24 hours, but i think ill go again in er after 5 pm, coz the bleeding is going on, the pains are horrible, i have hot flashes, horrible headaches.So being in the fiftth week and bleeding like a period its not normal.
i hope God helps me, and could be a miscarriage and not anything more serios than that.
i feel so scared and alone.