Pregnancy and Parenting: Multiples Community
could I be pregnant with twins?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Pregnancy & Parenting Multiples.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

could I be pregnant with twins?

Hi,
Twins run on both sides of the family. This is my 2nd pregnancy & with my first I ended up with a tummy (muffin top) which i couldnt get rid of (daughter is 20mths). Im only 6 weeks but my tummy is sticking out so much more & making me look pregnant.  Help!

I can't go telling people im pregnant yet as we are in process of finding out (can only be done at 12wks) whether our unborn child has a genetic disorder that my 1st child has, so dont want others to get excited as I myself cant be & if child does have it, we'll have to terminate as its not fair on our unborn child to live with this disorder.

I'm such a mess atm, cant even be happy about this pregnancy as I dont want to get to attached until we know either way. Pls dont judge me as this is my decision.

When do you start showing in 2nd pregnancy & does having a bit of a tummy matter? Could it be twins?

Thanks

Whe
Hi,
With family history of twins on both sides of the family, there can be a possibility of twins. However a large tummy can also be because of a lax abdomen which can be a result of a pervious pregnancy. Hernia and fatty abdomen can also make it appear larger. Consult your Doctor.
Hope this helps.
Blank
Pregnancy or Fertility questions?
100,000+ doctor answers
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Pregnancy and Parenting: Multiples Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity