Pregnancy and Parenting: Multiples Community
curious about vback

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Pregnancy & Parenting Multiples.

curious about vback

I had a child over 2 years ago and will have my second child in about 6 months. I was unable to have my first child vaginal because she was too big. I labored for about 14 hrs and then had a c section. I want to try to vaginally have my second child but in order to do that I am going to have to go to a different town about 2 hrs away because my hospital dosent allow vback due to they don't have a 24 hr anesthesiologist. I was wandering the success rate of vback in my situation. And what is the chance that if I do go I will still have to get a c section?
Avatar_dr_f_tn
HI,
Allowing vaginal birth after caesarean (VBAC) is solely at the Doctor’s discretion. This is decided upon various factors like the indication of the prior section, the healing of the previous scar, the current status of the pregnancy, presence of any complications, size of the baby, adequacy of the pelvis etc. VBAC is a closely monitored delivery and if things do not progress as expected then a caesarean section may be necessary.
Hope this helps.