Pregnancy and Parenting: Multiples Community
kind of worry

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Pregnancy & Parenting Multiples.

kind of worry

im 8 weeks pregnant with twins today was my first ultrasound and the heartbeat was kind of low of both baby's the doctor said that is because there are just 6 weeks is it normal?
Congradulations. Do you mean 6 weeks pregnant from ultrasound?  I dont know what the heart rate was, but i would not be too concerned at this stage.  you are still too early, and the baby is barely a few millimeters long at this stage.  it is very good that you had a dating scan.  monitor for vaginal bleeding etc, and get first antenatal blood tests done.  I dont know what country your are from, but it would be worth while to get a nuchal translucency scan at 12 weeks, which can look at very basic anatomy and look for the nuchal thickness, which gives a risk for downs syndrome.  you may read more of this on the internet.  Ensure the sonographer can also check at this stage, of whether they are DiDi or MonoDi Twins.  There is a large difference to management for the different type of twins.  
what was the rate?
they say HBs start low and increase every three days?
Hi, I had ultrasound my baby B's Heartbeat was little behind too but when ER checked it again it was better . It was just few points off. 2nd ultrasound both heartbeats were at 170. So dont worry its just too early.