one sac small but babies same size HELP
Can anyone give us advice on what is happening? I am 40, history of miscarriage, no children and am 8wks pregnant with 60000Beta HCG level which is great for twins. They have good heartbeats and each in their own sac, the foetus's are about the same size but the smaller sac is almost half the size of the other. What does this mean?
What makes you think that the sack is about 1/2 the size of the other one?  From the way it looks in the ultrasound or because your doctor told you so?
Hi, Both the ultrasound and the doctor have told us, and they want to monitor them with another ultrasound later this week making it my third to date. Also that BHCG level was at 6+ wks.
Just an update, I am now 9+ wks pregnant and both twins are looking good and heartbeats are great. However the sac that one twin is in is still too small, all the doctors are doing now is monitoring them with regular ultra sounds. It is very hard to stay calm. The twin in the bigger sac was easier to see because of the space around it and he looks just like a teddy bear. Which the technician said is normal. I go for another scan in a week  - either the sac has grown & it will be fine or it hasn't...
Please keep us posted with ur updates. I will keep u in my prayers and the babies will be fine.
Good luck.  Unfortunately I havent really heard of that problem before, so I dont really know what else to say other than I hope everything works out.  
I am 7 weeks today.  At 6 weeks we saw two sacs, one was literally half the size of the other.  Doc. said that embryo could have implanted a few days after the other.  At 7 weeks, the sacs are nearly the same size, Baby A 6.4 mm, Baby B 6.1 (they both should have been 6.6.  Baby A heartrate 120 BPM and B was 96 BPM, doc says 96 is low and we'll keep an eye on it.  Next US in two weeks.
My thoughts are with you, I understand if you feel like your in limbo untill the next ultrasound. I found I could keep calm untill I had to tell someone what was happening. The doctors have all been trying to keep me hopefull with the wait and see game, as there are very good chances that the sac will grow. I found out yesterday that Twin A's heart has stopped and unfortunately the sac didn't continue to grow. Vanishing Twin happens to 1 in 5 twin pregnancies but usually before the mother even knows she is pregnant. I am 11+ weeks and yes Im devestated but I have had the rare opportuinty to carry twins and envision our lives with twins in it, That is not something that everyone gets the joy to do.  Now I am focused on Twin B, and staying as calm as possible so that I can pass Twin A without any diruption to its twin.
Sorry If I was down, don't let my experience taint yours. Im very excited for you, and hope all goes well. Here are some things I have read that may help. The heartbeat can increase as you progress, twins are often smaller at the same stage as what a singleton pregnancy is at. Yes twin babies can have different conception and delivery dates, so one can be naturally smaller than the other. I hope this helps. What is really positive about your pregnancy is that the sacs at 7 weeks are nearly the same size! Keep me posted as I will be hoping all goes well with your little ones.
Hi everyone, I'm 28yo and found out I was pregnant on a routine checkup.  Because my period is always a few days off my doc drew a HCG level this was on a Friday and told me to come Sunday to make sure my levels are rising. She call me Monday and said that I needed a US because my levels aren't double they went from 3000-4000 my US showed a small sac but nothing in it.  I went for a follow up US 3 days later and it showed the Sac has grown but still nothing in it. my hcg levels are still rising but taking 4 days to almost double. I had my third US 4 days apart from my last and they see two sacs. One is reading 6 and half weeks which is empty and the other is 5 weeks with a yolk in it. These are all Vag ultra sounds too.  Does anyone have any idea what this means?