Pregnancy and Parenting: Multiples Community
pregnant with identical twins

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Pregnancy & Parenting Multiples.

pregnant with identical twins

I just found out we are having identical twins...i was only 7w6d...i go back in wednesday to look for the membrane i will be in my ninth week...i am really nervous about them being able to see the membrane...
I have read on some sites that each twin having its own yolk sac is a good indicator that they split earlier and will have the membrane present as well as possibly having their own placentas...is there any truth to this??? I am stressing pretty bad which I know is bad for the babies....
the best thing you can do is relax- but I know that is impossible! I need to look at my journal- I dont think we saw the membrane until about 9 weeks.  We knew it was identicals at about 5 weeks.  My twins shared the placenta- it caused issues but they have come so far in what they know it was not fatal.  We ended up at the Childrens Hospital in Philly.  Anyway- hang in there and keep us posted!  Email me if you need support- I have been there!
Thanks so much for the info! I was also worried about if the membrane is present then I have to worry about ttts if they share a placenta....my mind is just all over the place!
best case scenerio is 2 placentas- hopefully you will see the membrane soon!  
Good luck to you, and i hope they are mono di or di di. My assumption is they do share a placenta, otherwise they wouldn't know they were identical twins till after they're born and have genetic testing done. Did ur doc tell you?
I am 32 weeks with identical twins, have two separate sacks and share a placenta. Let me tell you when I found out they shared a placenta all I could do was worry. However, my doctor did bi monthly growth scans and checked amniotic fluid and have no signs of ttts, thank god! Try not to worry, and all the extra monitoring they'll do should help put your mind at ease. Good luck :)
Pregnancy or Fertility questions?
100,000+ doctor answers