someone help me
clear blue said I was 2-3 weeks but the doctors tell me I'm six weeks I'm confused
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
   Hi, I take it the doc was calculating your EDD from the traditional "when your first day of your last period" method. My doctor with my first and a different doctor that I am under the care of expecting my second both said they could not rely on this prediction due to the fact that i have irregular periods. Even with your EDD, it can still have great potential to be off by two weeks either early or in contrast late. ( That is also one factor of why The American board of OB now gives guidelines to not induce for primary reason of a baby being large in weight, because the baby could be two weeks younger in addition to how early they are performing induction.) I would only trust an Ultrasound to tell you how far along you are, i imagine that accuracy would trump hormone levels detection. I have had three ultrasounds due to er visit and birth defect testing, and all three US tech/sonographers gave different EDDs, one tech bumped me down from being ten weeks pregnant to nine, other tech moved me up to eleven and a half, Doctor said he concluded and selected the original EDD which was my third correct usound answer given- which he thought was correct. You really may never know 100% Get an ultrasound! You can even check out a private clinic for an affordable one to give you insight, I would share frustration with doc and ask for insight and what could compromise EDD accuracy. I hope you get the outcome you desire! best wishes
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.
Pregnancy and Parenting: Multiples Community Resources