Pregnancy and Parenting: Multiples Community
want to conceive twins

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Pregnancy & Parenting Multiples.

want to conceive twins

Hi, Good morning. My question is that I want o conceive twins so I want to know the natural ways. I read in many articles that it is due to hereditary, obesity, more height, consuming dairy products etc., please give me suggestions beyond this.
I do not think this is something you can control...you have to either release two eggs for fraternal twins or have one egg split for identical twins.  
I agree with kindergal  i don't think you can control it.  I know if you have fertility treatments that to can increase chances but there is no guarntee.  as a new mom of identical twins and a 2 and 1/2 year old, i can tell you that having 1 baby is much easier
I agree to with these ladies.  I have a set of boy/girl twins and I am pregnant with another set of boy/girl twins but my mom has a twin sister.  For me it just runs in the family on my mom's side.  When I ovulate I just automatically drop 2 eggs at a time.  Good luck & I hope that this helps you!!  Have a wonderful New Year!!!
Hi:  I just wanted to add one thing.  I was just watching twins by surprise on TLC and they said that if u eat yams around the time when u r ovulating u have the chance of having twins b/c it has something to do with getting higher estergone levels.  I don't know how true it is but hey it's worth a try.  Good luck!!!!
I agree with all the ladies. I did not expect to get pregnant with twins. I would have been happy with one baby but for me I got 2. I do not think that you can play or mess with god's plan for your furture children, Most women do not expect multiples it is just how it has happened for us. I am blessed to be carrying twins but at the same time twins runs in my family and my husbands family. It skipped 2 generations and my husband on his side got the twins, and for me I have no idea how my family hx played a role. I had a problem with my progestrone level when I had a tubal reversal the dr told us that we might not ever get pregnant, so when we got the news it was wonderful that we were even able to conceive because we tried so hard. I hope that you get what you want, but I believe personally that it is something that you cannot control. Good luck