Pregnancy and Parenting: Multiples Community
what is my conception date?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Pregnancy & Parenting Multiples.

what is my conception date?

I am pregnent, My ultrasound report says the coception date is 3th april 2012 but after that I had my period on april 8th 2012.then plz tell me the reason behind it and the conce,ption date.thanks
Tags: Pregnancy
It is possible to bleed in early pregnancy.  However, usually an ultrasound report gives the date of the first day of your last period, not a conception date.  Please be sure "conception" date is really what you are reading; it is unusual for an ultrasound to date a pregnancy from a presumed date of conception.  

Also, when was the ultrasound done?  If it was recent and you got pregnant six months ago, it is very normal for an ultrasound to be off by a few days.  Babies develop at different rates.  Only the earliest of ultrasounds can be counted on to be very precise.
Thank u annie,my first ultrasound was on june 14th and it gives 10 wk and 2 days of pregnency.
You can look at a calendar and count back 8 weeks 2 days from the ultrasound date for a rough idea of when you might have conceived, or you can use a conception calculator online (just google the term "conception calculator.")  It does sound like the date given to you by the ultrasound was of the (presumed) first day of your last period, not the day you conceived.
Again thanks annie,so according to u the ultrasound is off by two week?but u/s says it is just +/- one wk.
Please read the part about how an ultrasound tells you the count beginning from the first day of your last period, not from "conception."
In other words, the ultrasound is not "off by two weeks."  It uses the medical way of counting a pregnancy, which count begins with day 1 of bleeding of your last period.  This does not mean it is "off", it is simply the way doctors count and time pregnancy.
Thank u Annie,one more question,if I had sexually active on 26,31march,2,5april and after that 12 april onwords.then plz tell me the approx conception date.i had my ultrasound on 14 june and report tells the pregenancy of 10wk and 2 days.
I'd vote for the last April date you named, since you had a period April 8.