Pregnancy Expert Forum
1st Trimester Concerns
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding Caesarean Section , Childbirth, Diabetes, Depression, Fetal Monitoring, Genetic Testing, Hormonal Changes, Labor, Lamaze, Morning Sickness , Nutrition, Parenting, Prenatal Care, Weight gain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

1st Trimester Concerns

According to the doctors, I'm 8 weeks but I don't think I'm that far along. They did just move my due date from 6/16/11 to 6/22/11. I've already had two vaginal ultrasounds and go back in 2 weeks for another. There is a discrepancy between the size of the fetus and the gestational sac which is smaller. Both grew between the first two ultrasounds, which the doctor said was good, but the sac is smaller and they are concerned. The first heart beat was 103 and the next week it was 104, which the doctor said he wanted higher. I explained to them that my cycle is always average between 35-40 days and I don't think I'm as far along as they said, which I guess is why they moved the due date. But I'm worried that something is wrong since the development isn't the same between the fetus and sac plus a lower heart beat than doc wants. I'm not really stressing myself since that isn't good, but I am worried. A week before we found out I was pregnant the doctors told us the only way we could conceive was through in vitro due to my husbands extreme low sperm count. Then I go to the doctor to discuss our options and I'm told I'm pregnant and it's basically a miracle. I feel like I have so much to lose if something goes wrong because the chances of this happening again naturally are VERY slim. I just wanted to see if this happens a lot and if so, what are the outcomes. Thanks to whomever answers!