Pregnancy Expert Forum
2 positive Clear blue digital pregnancy tests and then got period

This forum is for questions and support regarding Caesarean Section , Childbirth, Diabetes, Depression, Fetal Monitoring, Genetic Testing, Hormonal Changes, Labor, Lamaze, Morning Sickness , Nutrition, Parenting, Prenatal Care, Weight gain.

Hi, I took multiple pregnancy tests and I got a slight positive line.. I then got 2 clear blue digital pregnancy tests and they say "Pregnant"... An hour later I got my period.. It is heavier then normal.. What is going on??? Pregnant or Not Pregnant??

It is very possible you had an early pregnancy that has resulted in a miscarriage.  Alternatively, the hpt could've been falsely positive.

Best regards,

Dr. Downing
a positive is a confirmation lots of women get there period while they are pregnant thats what happened to my sisster and now she has a beautiful litte girl.
weklll congrats girl there is no such thing as a fgalse positive pregnancy test.
YOU ARE DEF. PREGNANT START TO CELEBRATE.
You could possible have had an early miscarriage, this is really common I'm afraid and most people don't even know they are pregnant yet, but tests are really sensitive these days so people can test earlier.
Try another test to see what if it still says positive but I'm afraid it doesn't sound good if your period is heavier than normal, sorry x
I would consult your doctor and maybe if your really concerned they'll do a vaginal ultrasound when your period is finished to determine if your truly pregnant or not, trust me you dont want to just go on someone's word that you are or arnt pregnant, i was told i misscarried at 9 weeks, only to find out the next day by ultrasound the baby was alive and doing VERY well, so if i were you i would go with your gut instinct and get 100% proof from an ultrasound!
Good luck hunny!!
Why did they think that you had a miscarriage? Did you have a lot of bleeding? and if you did, what was the bleeding from and for how long did you have the bleeding for?? Sorry just curious if you don't mind
I had some spotting so they took my HGC levels and again 3 days later, and the levels are supposed to double every 3 days and apparently mine dropped about a 1/3 so the doctor told me he was 90% possitive i had misscarried, i was almost positive he had made a mistake as they had to run the tests twice because they kept making mistakes, so i demanded an ultrasound the next day as i had been through enough and wanted results that werent based on blood test results, i wanted to see for myself that i had had a missed misscarriage.
Low and behold my baby was deffinitly there, heart beating 170 strong which was perfect at that gestational age, and everything looked perfect to the technition!
Anyways, let what happened to me be a lesson for you, dont just take peoples word for it, be absoulutely positive before you start doubting!!
Good luck hun!!!
well thats good it never hurts to get a second opionin.