Pregnancy Expert Forum
27 Weeks pregnant with 2nd child

This forum is for questions and support regarding Caesarean Section , Childbirth, Diabetes, Depression, Fetal Monitoring, Genetic Testing, Hormonal Changes, Labor, Lamaze, Morning Sickness , Nutrition, Parenting, Prenatal Care, Weight gain.

27 Weeks pregnant with 2nd child

I'm 27 Weeks with baby number 2 which is a boy. I have a 2 and a half year old daughter add well. My husband, our family, friends are so excited about baby #2. Everyone except me. I'm so  scared that the new baby is going to upset My daughter. My daughter is my entire world. I love her so much I've been with her since the day she was born. My husband supports us financially and didn't want me to work so I could stay at home and raise our children, we didn't want a daycare to raise our children. So I've actually Ben with my daughter since she was born. I'm so scared that my daughter is not going to understand why she has to share Mommy and daddy. I don't know how I can love another child like I do my daughter. I've had two  years to grow a relationship with my daughter and everyone thinks I should love the new baby as much as I do my daughter. Everyone says my love with multiply, but I'm scared it will be divided (unequally). I hope things change when the baby comes. I'm just so worried about how my daughter is going to do. Has anyone else ever felt this way?
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would reassure you that almost every mom has had those secret feelings.  Amazingly, it does work out.  Your daughter will adjust beautifully, and you will delight in watching her give kisses to "her" new baby.  Be certain to get her involved with his care.  Did you wonder if you would love the new baby when your daughter was born and/or be a good mom?  Somehow Mother Nature manages to take care of this problem wonderfully,
I hope you will hear from lots of other forum members too!
Dr B
I struggled with the same thing my daughter is 4 and even though I couldnt be a stay at home mom all my spare time is hers and I felts so much quilt for having another one.  The only way I thought to make it easier was to involve her in everything baby and make her excited.  Plus not to be foolish to think that she won't be jealous.  My husband and I agreed that he will give my 4 year old so much more attention while I'm with baby we are calling it daddy and Meah time and she seems pretty excited.  For me in the beginning of my pregnancy I was scared and full of guilt then I almost lost the baby and it made me realize how much I wanted this new life and how both my children will have my unconditional love equally.  Good luck to you hun :)