Pregnancy Expert Forum
3 pregnancies result in fetal demise at 14-19 weeks gest.

This forum is for questions and support regarding Caesarean Section , Childbirth, Diabetes, Depression, Fetal Monitoring, Genetic Testing, Hormonal Changes, Labor, Lamaze, Morning Sickness , Nutrition, Parenting, Prenatal Care, Weight gain.

I am 37 years old & have had 5 healthy children ranging in age from 19 to 5 years old. I got remarried & we decided to have a child together. Well at 14 weeks gest. the baby passed away, then we got pregnant again, of course not thinking that would ever happen twice, but at 17 weeks gestation it happened once again. After that we accidentally got pregnant again and at 19 weeks gestation this baby too also died. Our second child's tissue was sent for genetic testing and came back Normal Female  Chromosomes, We did not test our third because I didn't have it in my heart anymore. I am very happy with my 5 beautiful healthy children & am very blessed to have them but I would like to know what could have caused this.  By the way I was also tested for the antibody problem that causes this & took an aspirin a day. I did notice that with the last two that the fetal heart rate went up to 190-210 bpm the last week they were alive. I also noticed that I had symtoms (symptoms) that I had never had with my other pregnancies such as being EXTREMELY tired much more nauseated and I developed PVC's during my pregnancies. All went away within a few days of delivery. Please Help!! Thank You

You should see your physician to have a complete work up for mid-trimester pregnancy loss.  This would include some of the testing you alluded to, but also a karyotype of your chromosomes and most importantly your new husband.

Best regards,

Dr. Downing
hello, im new to this forum. i had two miscarriages last year one in july and another  in october. i have a 10 year old daughter and a six year old son. i couldnt believe it was happening to me after two healthy children. the doctor said in his words that it was a fluke. im scared to try again. i am 29  years old so i know its not my age. if i cant have anymore than i know its Gods will. i love my children so much and i hope you the best.
It very well could have been a fluke. I know a lady who had three fetal demise at the same weeks I did & now she just had a baby it's a year old now. It is scary to try again though I completely understand. Did they check your progesterone levels through your first 12 weeks sometimes they decline & can result in miscarriage, I'm not a Dr. I'm just asking what Dr.'s have asked me.
yes they did, but they were totally different miscarriages. the first my hormone levels were fine but my progesterone was low. the second was weird i knew something was different because i took the preg test and it barely showed up that i was pregnant even though i was a week late. all my other test were very positive. so my hormones{hcg} were very low. so they were not the same. thats why they think theres nothing wrong.
My heart goes out to all who have posted questions and responses on this page. I am sorry for all of your losses. I recently gave birth to my monochorionic-diamniotic twin girls after finding out they had no fetal heartbeats during my 24 week sonogram. The cause of their demise is still unknown although they did find some evidence that the placenta they shared had accelerated villous maturation. My doctor ordered the normal toxicology tests and has found nothing was wrong. There was no evidence of size discordance or TTTTS at my sonogram three weeks earlier. Two weeks prior their heartbeats were strong on the Doppler. It is very difficult to find resources that are accessible enough for the layman, but informative enough to know what I need to do next and request from my doctor. Since you recommended a complete work up for csdj21, I was wondering if you could list what things that would include and provide your best guess about what happened and where I should go from here. Thank you for reviewing my long, sad story. I don't know where else to turn.
So sorry for your loss. I went for my scheduled ultrasound yesterday and they found no fetal heartbeats. My twins are still in utero because I was supposed to have the laminary done yesterday, but I was too devastated to do it. I even went to another hospital to be 100% sure that the findings were accurate, but unfortunately they did not make it. When I first found out that I was expecting twins, I was elated, but they said there was no detectable membrane. They were mono/mono, but when I went yesterday, the docter said they found a thin membrane separating them, making them mono/di (still only 1 placenta). I just don't understand why they died and they can not give me any explanation either. I went for my high risk appointment last Thursday (3 days prior to yesterday's ultrasound) and they were both moving and had good heart rates. What could have possibly happened in those 3 days? I was 13 weeks and 5 days.  I will find out the sex of the babies after they do the D&E procedure on Thursday. These losses are just devastating. I also just passed the 4 year anniversary of losing my first son on July 4, 2006. He was born at 23 and 1/2 weeks and only lived for an hour. I thank God for my second son. He is a healthy 21 month old. If you want to talk, please feel free to contact me at ***@****.