Pregnancy Expert Forum
4 vessel Umbilical Cord
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding Caesarean Section , Childbirth, Diabetes, Depression, Fetal Monitoring, Genetic Testing, Hormonal Changes, Labor, Lamaze, Morning Sickness , Nutrition, Parenting, Prenatal Care, Weight gain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

4 vessel Umbilical Cord

I had an ultrasound done yesterday and they found that I had a 4 vessel umbilical cord, and my doctor told me that it usually suggests that there are congenital birth defects within the baby, but he said from the looks of everything the baby looks healthy and doesnt seem like it has congenital birth defects. My question is, should I worry or not? I've been trying to find some answer to whats exactly going on. I wonder if there are hidden congenital birth defects that arent appearing. And if so what congenital defects can I expect since having 4 vessels in the umbilical cord?  Please help me out, I'm worried to death. Also they said I had a high normal fluid level that day. The month prior or so They said it was a high normal then my doctor had me get checked again on the fluid levels and it was normal and now it's back to being a high normal.

I need some type of insight, some type of relief or knowledge on what's going on, please help!!

-Kelsey