Pregnancy Expert Forum
6week 3days Ultrasound

This forum is for questions and support regarding Caesarean Section , Childbirth, Diabetes, Depression, Fetal Monitoring, Genetic Testing, Hormonal Changes, Labor, Lamaze, Morning Sickness , Nutrition, Parenting, Prenatal Care, Weight gain.

6week 3days Ultrasound

Has anyone else had an ultrasound at 6weeks and they were unable 2find the babys heartbeat? My sac measured 6weeks 3days but we couldnt see the fetus and things are not developed the way they should be. Im really worried.
What the doctor said? If he's not worried... U can  do again the eco
next week..
Usually its hard to see anything until they are 8 weeks along, and even then it's a little blip on there
Try not to worry (I'm sure you hate that), but give it another week. The babies heart should be visible by the end of you're seventh week, every one is different. Was your ultrasound done transabdominally or vaginally? A vaginal ultrasound is more accurate.
I had the ultrasound done both ways. They say i concieved around the 16 but i tested on the 21st....2days after my period was due and got a clear positive. The say im measuring 6weeks 2days.Im afraid i reached 6weeks and the baby stopped growing.
I had a miscarriage before and I was about 6 weeks along and there was no heartbeat but they were also able to see that there was no blood flowing either and my doctor suggested a D&C I only knew I was pregnant for a total of a week .. not trying to scare you just saying if the doctor hasn't said anything I wouldn't worry .. I wish I would have waited till I was further along .. After I had my procedure done I heard a story where the doctor told her the same thing and she waited and she gave birth to a healthy baby boy .. but if they still don't see or hear a heartbeat by 8 weeks then that is when there maybe an issue .. I kinda gave you a good and bad senerio sorry just can't sleep so I ramble ...
I have had ultra sound at 6 weeks. No heart beat was visible yet. If the doctor isn't worried, calm down. :)
I had a scan at 6 weeks, they could see an egg sac but no embryo or heartbeat. I have been bleeding on and off for a week now, i am so worried because i only had a miscarriage three months ago :-( it's not a great deal of blood but surely there shouldn't be any at all.
Not to scare anyone but that's exactly what happened to me last year. Once I hit 6 weeks the twins I was carrying stoped growing and I miscarried both. Now I'm 5 weeks 4days and I'm worries its going to happen again.
Im 6 weeks and i have  been discharging like Brown blood on and off and im scared/: I have an appointment tomorrow,but I would like to know of any stories like mine ?:/ . I hope it's not a miscarriage:l
I got my first ultrasound at 6 weeks 2 days and we seen a lil bean moving and we even got to hear the heart beat ! I had it done vaginally though things take time my doc was surprised a lil and told me u usually don't get ur first ultrasound till ur twelve weeks but we didn't know how far along I was so that's why we did it just to make sure. Growing and waiting takes time I found out I was pregnant a week before my ultrasound so five weeks and my doc says its all going to go slow till about twelve weeks u shld be fine if the doc says something then.....but give time the chance eat right and be careful
If your doctor didn't tell you to be worried, don't worry. I just got lucky with my doctor,  I could hear a perfect heart beat at 5 weeks 5 days. But the doctor was blown away because he said we normally can't see/hear anything but a blip on the screen til 8 weeks. Unless you are bleeding, just be patient.  (I understand the fear I've had 3 miscarriages, I am now 6 weeks 6 days.) Good luck!
During my first pregnancy my first ultra sound was at 5w+5d and their was no heartbeat (I lost that pregnancy at 9w+5d). During this pregnancy my first ultrasound was at 6w on the dot and I got to see the heartbeat.
It depends also on the ultrasound machine. The failure of the measure can be very high at this point. Don't worry now
I am nine weeks today with my first baby, when I was 5wks and 6days I thought I was losing the baby so I went to the er they did a transvaginal ultrasound and I saw my baby. Way too soon to see heart or hear the heartbeat. I will hear the heartbeat hopefully at my next appt when I've reached 10wks. Its very rare to hear the heartbeat before then. At 9wks heart is completely developed and its possible but not many mommies in my family heard heartbeat till 10+ wks. I hope for the best for you! Just try not worrying too much. Unneeded stress will make situation worse. Congrats to all mommies:)
I had a similar situation. I had an ultrasound at 6 weeks 6 days and they couldn't find a heartbeat & it wasn't developed right. I had another ultrasound at 9 weeks 6 days and it hadn't grown & there was still no heartbeat. I miscarried a week later.
I had an ultrasound at 6 weeks 5 days and the heartbeat rated 128 BPM I'm sure your baby is fine though, just go in again around 8 weeks and get another ultrasound! Don't worry too much!
Its still pretty early...I seen a blob and a heartbeat and I didnt even reckon id see anything. Try week later. If doc hasnt said anything to worry about then you should be fine xo
They usually don't find a heartbeat regularly till around ten weeks so do not worry
Dont worry.. i was told the same and basically the baby is too little to see right now.. by around the end of the 7th or 8th week you'll  be able to see a little weed type of thing.. lol if your doctor doesnt seem to worried, then dnt over stress.. thats bad for the baby. Chin up. :)
Hi I'm 6 weeks and 4 days and have been spotting now for over a week and getting bad period type pains I have had 2 vaginal ultrasounds and they both show everything is ok they can see the sac and also the yolk sac but no heartbeat yet should I be worried please help me
I was 6 1/2 weeks and the ultrasound showed a little flutter of a heartbeat. I am now 7 weeks and I can't wait til I am over 12 weeks!
My dr said u usually cant hear a heartbeat until 11 weeks...dont stress on it sweetheart u needa stay relaxed at this point but if u begin to feel any abdomanal pain, then definitely report to ur obgyn.
I dont wanna worry you but i had a miscarage at 6 weeks and my ulstrason was about the same as yours .
hello everyone,
i am also having problems with my pregnancy. my last period started february 13. i took a pregnancy test on march 12th and it was positive (2 tests actually) . then on the 14th i had heavy bleeding, severe cramps and felt really sick. the bleeding lasted two days with no clots and then i just started spotting. i thought i miscarried and went to the doctor and found out i was still pregnant. they did an ultrasound and couldn't find a a fetal pulse and had me go for another a week later with still no pulse or heart beat. my placenta is still growing normal which is why i am confused. they want me to go in for blood work, wait two days and go back for more blood work. if that doesn't work they want to do another ultrasound to see if it is a viable pregnancy. does anyone know what might be going on? i have been so sick and in so much pain i don't think i can wait for an answer any longer. please any ideas?
Stay positive. 6 weeks is very early on. I had one and its so undeveloped at this stage that scan had to be done internally. Only yolk sac was visible as baby isnt even formed from egg yet. Dont panic.
Hey I had an ultrasound done between 5 and 6 weeks they could only see the yolk sac and I have a bleed in my womb they hope it absorbs. I was to wait 16 days for another scan which I did went yesterday. In the last 16 days I was on google that much I freeked myself out and feared the worst. And low and behold I seen my little peanut and heartbeat.worst thing I did was google it freeks u out.good luck x
I couldnt see anything exept a sack at 6 weeks it looked empty but just had another scan and everythings fine
Your still to early i was 6 weeks when i had my first ultrasounf and all i saw was the sack! Im currently 13 weeks and my babys healthy dont worrie
I had an ultrasound at 6 weeks 1 day. We could see the heartbeat clearly flickering. If you're really worried, go back. Just bare in mind that every pregnancy is different. Stress is bad.
The same thing happened to me when I was 6 weeks. I went into the ER be aide I was spotting and they couldn't see the baby or hear a heartbeat. They said my blood hormone level was good and that it was probably too early and to wait 2 week to have another Sono. Well my appointment is on Monday so I guess we'll see how everything goes.