Pregnancy Expert Forum
9 weeks and I don't feel pregnant anymore!

This forum is for questions and support regarding Caesarean Section , Childbirth, Diabetes, Depression, Fetal Monitoring, Genetic Testing, Hormonal Changes, Labor, Lamaze, Morning Sickness , Nutrition, Parenting, Prenatal Care, Weight gain.

I'm 9w5d pregnant and for the past few days I have stopped feeling pregnant.  Before I was intensely hungry - I'd eat something and 5 minutes later I'd have to eat again, then 5 minutes later, more.  You get the idea.  I was tired, moody, sore bbs.  Never really had much in the way of nausea, but that slightly "off" feeling I had is gone.  Now I guess the bbs are still somewhat sore and I'm somewhat tired, but the intense hunger has completely vanished.  I'm almost not interested in food at this point.  I had a scan at both 7w and 8w4d and all was good both times, but now enough time has elapsed, and with my changes in symptoms I'm really starting to worry that all is not well.  I've had two previous miscarriages in the past year (the first at 6 w, the second at 8w), and am worried this pregnancy is going to end the same way.  I'm worried that at 37 I'm going to keep losing these babies.

My question is:  Is it normal for symptoms such as hunger and fatigue to vary within the first trimester or are such changes an indication that things may not be going the way they should?

Thanks!

Changes in hunger and fatigue can occur during pregnancy and everyone woman may experience these symptoms differently or not at all.  So no one can say for sure if this reflects a miscarriage.  At your next ob visit a fetal heart rate will be checked.  May an appointment to be seen sooner if the uncertainty is too unbearable.

Best wishes,

Dr. Downing
As you get closer to your 2nd trim. your sym. do faint away. But if you are feeling as if something isnt right I would call your ob and make appointment!!
I am 20w3d and I had the same situation as you described.  This is my first pregnancy, but seeing as your previous pregnancies never made it that far this is a first for you too I guess.  But I think what it is, is you get the "warning signs" of being pregnant, and they last quite awhile, be it fatigue, morning sickness, eating habits, etc.. Then once that wears off there is that period of time where there really isn't anything happening.. Symptoms gone, but no belly or feelings or anything.. Around the same time as you, my symptoms vanished, and I personally never felt any different, but even after growing a bit I didn't even feel like I was expecting until I first felt the baby move!!  Those were a loooong few WEEKS!  If you've had your regular appointments etc, and everything has been fine, then I don't think you have anything to worry about!